PADI Staff Instructor Course
The PADI Staff Instructor Course trains experienced instructors to act as an assistant to PADI Course Directors during IDCs, and to conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor Course independently.
The is a great move for anyone who has been teaching for a while, and would like to increase their abilities as an instructor, and especially for those that have ambitions to progress onto the prestigious PADI Course Director Training Course and become a Course Director themselves.
IDC Staff Instructor Duties
• Independently teach and certify PADI Assistant Instructors at dive center or resorts that are at a minimum PADI Five Star Dive Center or Resorts.
• Conduct IDC segments training segments while a PADI Course Director is available on premises for consultation.
• Evaluate and critique instructor candidate knowledge development, confined water and open water teaching presentations.
• Provide counseling and remedial training for instructor candidates and IDC Staff Instructor candidates.
• Assist with instructor-level continuing education programs, such as PADI Specialty Instructor Training courses.
• Observe the orientation and closing sessions of PADI Instructor Examinations.
- IDC Staff Instructor Course Orientation
- Instructor Development Standards, Procedures and Curriculum
- How to Organize and Conduct the PADI Assistant Instructor Course
- The Psychology of Evaluation and Counseling
- Confined water presentations
- Open water presentations
- Knowledge development presentations
- Standards and procedures exam
- Dive theory exam
1. Teaching status PADI Instructor for the current year.
2. PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer.
3. Emergency First Response Instructor.
4. Agree to conduct all levels of diver training consistent with the standards and philosophy outlined in the PADI Instructor Manual, PADI’s Guide to Teaching and the PADI Course Director Manual.
5. Agree to use the PADI System and its components in their entirety.
6. Have an up to date medical for diving
- All materials required of instructor candidates
- PADI Course Director Manual
- Knowledge Development Presentation Evaluation Form
- Confined Water Presentation Evaluation slate
- Open Water Presentation Evaluation slate
Dates for staff instructor training start two full days prior to any IDC, and end on the same day the IDC does. Attendance at the IE is not mandatory, if you would like to stay, you are permitted to attend the opening and closing ceremony only, this restriction is placed by PADI.
We have a limited number of twin bed fan dormitory rooms for 2500 PHP per person, per week. These come with a kitchenette and bathroom, simple backpacker style.
If you prefer something else we work with a number of local resorts and hotels, or you might like to check services like, AirBNB we can help with local information if needed.
A typical hotel room starts from 1500 per night and up, the average would be around 2000 PHP. A typical self service monthly rental room or studio from 10,000 PHP and up, the average around 15000 PHP per month.
See here for more information on accommodation.
The cost of the course is 25,000 PHP, this is a subsidized rate, taking into account the contribution you will be making by assisting the Course Director during training. This does not include the Course Materials, or the PADI registration fee, ask us for the latest rates for these when booking.
Contact the Course Director as early as possible, we can only accept a limited number of students on to each program, it is wise to book your preferred date in advance, and work remotely with the Course Director for IDC pre study assignments. For starters he will need the following information
1-Your number of dives and experience
2-How long you have been diving
3-Environments you are experienced in
4-Any significant gaps in your experience
5- Number and type of courses you have assisted on