PADI Tec 65
The Tec Trimix 65 is the first level trimix course open to certified Tec 50 (or equivalent) divers. The Tec Trimix 65 course introduces Tec 50 divers to the first stages of trimix diving to a maximum depth of 65 metres. Certified Tec Trimix 65 divers are qualified to make multistop trimix decompression dives that employ EANx and oxygen for accelerated decompression, and trimix with 18 percent or more oxygen as bottom gas.
The use of trimix is required for dives past 50 meters, however many divers are using it far shallower than this to reduce the effects of narcosis, and provide safer, clearer dives.
The course goals are described as
• To qualify the student to dive to 65 meters using normoxic trimix blends, enriched air and oxygen, using open circuit technical diving equipment and procedures required to manage the risks involved.
• To train the student in the cognitive and motor skills required for technical trimix diving.
• To assure the student acknowledges and understands the hazards and risks of technical diving in general and trimix diving in particular, as well as the limits of training received in the course.
• To train the student to prepare for and respond to reasonably foreseeable emergencies that may occur in this type of technical diving.
• To provide skills applicable to further training and experience in technical diving.
Before attending the course students are required to have a medical screening by a licensed physician, you will need to present the course director a signed medical clearance form before any training.
- The diver must be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- The diver must be certified as a Tec 50 diver (Tec Deep Diver) or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
- The diver must have a minimum of 150 dives logged and be at least 18 years old.
You will need a copy of the PADI Trimix diver manual, this book covers you for both Tec 65 and Tec Trimix courses. It is advisable to begin studies before you arrive for your course, we will also suggest some additional reading materials for you.
The course cost is 31,000 PHP, this includes the course, dives, materials and certification, you may also use our equipment for no additional cost, however we highly recommend using your own. Not included in this cost is helium, during the course you will be charged for what gas you use, and the gas used by your instructor. If there are other students on the course, the instructors gas can be shared by you all. As we cannot accurately predict what you will breath, we cannot give you an exact quotation, however we can provide you a rough idea based on your recorded SAC/RMV rates. Helium is charged at cost.
We have a limited number of twin bed fan dormitory rooms for 2500 PHP per person, per week. These come with a kitchenette and bathroom, simple backpacker style.
If you prefer something else we work with a number of local resorts and hotels, or you might like to check services like, AirBNB we can help with local information if needed.
A typical hotel room starts from 1500 per night and up, the average would be around 2000 PHP. A typical self service monthly rental room or studio from 10,000 PHP and up, the average around 15000 PHP per month.
See here for more information on accommodation.
Contact the Course Director as early as possible, we can only accept a limited number of students on to each program, it is wise to book your preferred date in advance.
Please provide as much of the following information as possible when you book.
Total number of dives you have done
Number of dives you have done on Nitrox
Number of dives you have done between 18 and 30 meters (or deeper)
How long you have been diving
Any significant gaps in your diving
What equipment you will need