PADI Tec Deep Instructor
The PADI Tec Deep Instructor course qualifies you to teach PADI’s Tec 40, Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses, it is a one week program run in a familiar IDC style, using in-water and classroom based workshops and assessments.
At the end of the program you join a niche group of instructors able to teach at this level, providing a very rewarding diving career for those that step up. When ever possible we time these courses to coincide with a diver level Tec 45 or tec 50 program for instructor candidates to audit.
The Tec Instructor program is run in a familiar PADI IDC style format, you will participate in
- Confined water teaching presentations
- Open water teaching presentations
- limited open water teaching presentation
- Knowledge development teaching presentations
- A standards exam
- A dive theory exam
- Equipment workshops
- Dive planning workshops
- Dive skill workshops
Before attending the course students are required to have a medical screening by a licensed physician, you will need to present the course director a signed medical clearance form before any training.
Candidate Prerequisites – Tec Deep Instructor Training Course
To enroll in a DSAT Tec Deep Instructor training course, the candidate must meet thefollowing criteria:
1. Be a renewed PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating).
2. Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor training course.
3. Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor training course.
4. Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, where at least 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 meters and at least 15 dives were deeper than 30 meters.
Note that certification as a DSAT Tec 50 diver is not required. If the candidate is not certified as a Tec 50 diver (or qualifying certification from another organization), then the Tec Deep Instructor training course must include the entire Tec Diver course.
Candidate Post Requisites – Tec Deep Instructor Training Course
Upon successfully completing the DSAT Tec Deep Instructor training course, before sending the application to PADI, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer or PADI Instructor with a higher rating.
2. Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor.
3. Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor.
4. Be certified as a DSAT Tec 50 diver, or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
5. Have assisted with at least one DSAT Tec 50 course or one Tec 45 course. If the candidate has a qualifying instructor certification from another training organization as an instructor, having taught or assisted with one course that qualifies as a DSAT Tec 45 and/or Tec 50 course may meet this requirement, as stipulated on the Tec Deep Instructor Application. Completing the DSAT Tec Deep Instructor training course credits as having
assisted a Tec 50 diver course.
6. Have a minimum of 270 dives logged, with at least 25 stage decompression dives that had a maximum depth deeper than 40 meters.
7. Have certified a total of ten or more PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI Enriched Air Divers. Any combination that totals ten is acceptable.
8. Have successfully completed the Tec Deep Instructor Standards Exam and Tec Deep Instructor Theory and Practical Application Exam.
9. Meet the peer review waterskill requirements listed on the DSAT Tec Deep Instructor Application through the attesting signature of a DSAT Tec Deep Instructor or a PADI Instructor with a qualifying rating from another training organization.
10. Minimum age 18 years.
You will need a copy of the PADI Tec Rec Instructor guide, you may already have this manual if you completed the Tec Instructor Course previously. Highly recommended are the PADI tec rec teaching slates, actually a wetnote booklet with all dive performance requirements. The dives are skills loaded, copying those out prior to every training dive can be a chore.We can supply these at cost, or you can bring your own.
The cost of the PADI Tec Instructor course is 43,000 PHP, this includes all training and dives, not included is the instructor manual, and the PADI application fee. Please ask us for up to date costs when booking.
We have a limited number of twin bed fan dormitory rooms for 2500 PHP per person, per week. These come with a kitchenette and bathroom, simple backpacker style.
If you prefer something else we work with a number of local resorts and hotels, or you might like to check services like, AirBNB we can help with local information if needed.
A typical hotel room starts from 1500 per night and up, the average would be around 2000 PHP. A typical self service monthly rental room or studio from 10,000 PHP and up, the average around 15000 PHP per month.
See here for more information on accommodation.
Contact the Course Director as early as possible, we can only accept a limited number of students on to each program, it is wise to book your preferred date in advance.
Please provide as much of the following information as possible when you book.
Total number of dives you have done
Number of dives you have done on Nitrox
What technical certifications do you hold
Number of decompression dives you have done
How long you have been diving
Any significant gaps in your diving
What equipment you will need