The PADI Tec Instructor Course qualifies you to teach PADI Tec 40, if you would like to teach PADI Tec 40, 45 and 50 then you need the PADI Tec Deep Instructor Course.
This instructor level is the perfect platform to gain experience teaching entry level Technical Diver courses, before progressing onto a wider range of programs.
The Tec Instructor program is run in a familiar PADI IDC style format, you will participate in
- Confined water teaching presentations
- Open water teaching presentations
- limited open water teaching presentation
- Knowledge development teaching presentations
- A standards exam
- A dive theory exam
- Equipment workshops
- Dive planning workshops
- Dive skill workshops
Before attending the course students are required to have a medical screening by a licensed physician, you will need to present the course director a signed medical clearance form before any training.
To enroll in a DSAT Tec Instructor training course, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a renewed PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating).
2. Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
3. Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor training course.
4. Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor training course.
5. Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, where at least 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 meters and at least 15 dives were deeper than 30 meters.
Candidate Post Requisites – Tec Instructor Training Course
Upon successfully completing the DSAT Tec Instructor training course, before sending the application to PADI, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer or PADI Instructor with a higher rating.
2. Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor.
3. Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor.
4. Be certified as a DSAT Tec 45 Diver or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
5. Have a minimum of 20 stage decompression dives.
6. Have successfully completed the Tec Instructor Standards Exam and Tec Instructor Theory and Practical Application Exam.
You will need a copy of the PADI Tec Rec Instructor guide, this manual will stay with you as you progress, it also covers the Tec 45 and Tec 50 courses. Highly recommended are the PADI tec rec teaching slates, actually a wetnote booklet with all dive performance requirements. The dives are skills loaded, copying those out prior to every training dive can be a chore.We can supply these at cost, or you can bring your own.
The cost of the PADI Tec Instructor course is 31,000 PHP, this includes all training and dives, not included is the instructor manual, and the PADI application fee. Please ask us for up to date costs when booking.
Contact the Course Director as early as possible, we can only accept a limited number of students on to each program, it is wise to book your preferred date in advance.
Please provide as much of the following information as possible when you book.
Total number of dives you have done
Number of dives you have done on Nitrox
What technical certifications do you hold
Number of decompression dives you have done
How long you have been diving
Any significant gaps in your diving
What equipment you will need