PADI Tec Trimix Instructor
Trimix Divers operate on the outer edge of technical diving, they are an elite group. As a Tec Trimix Instructor you will have the privileged of working with, and training these divers, you can offer both levels of PADIs trimix courses, Tec 65 and Tec Trimix. This niche certification will certainly set you apart from your peers, there are comparatively few instructors teaching at this level.
The course typically runs over a week, with a blend of classroom presentations, equipment and dive planning workshops, shallow water skill dives, and deep water decompression dives.
The course goals for Tec Trimix are described as you see below, the focus of the instructor course is to ensure you are fully prepared to guide your students to these goals.
• To qualify the student to dive to 90 meters using various trimix blends, air, enriched air and oxygen, using open circuit technical diving equipment and procedures required to manage the risks involved.
• To train the student in the cognitive and motor skills required for technical trimix diving.
• To assure the student acknowledges and understands the hazards and risks of technical diving in general and trimix diving in particular, as well as the limits of training received in the course.
• To train the student to prepare for and respond to reasonably foreseeable emergencies that may occur in this type of technical diving.
• To provide skills applicable to further training and experience in technical diving
Before attending the course students are required to have a medical screening by a licensed physician, you will need to present the course director a signed medical clearance form before any training.
Candidate Prerequisites – Tec Deep Instructor Training Course
To enroll in a DSAT Tec Deep Instructor training course, the candidate must meet thefollowing criteria:
1. Be a renewed PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor (or a PADI Instructor with a higher rating).
2. Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Enriched Air Instructor training course.
3. Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor, or have successfully completed a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor training course.
4. Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, where at least 20 dives were made with enriched air nitrox, 25 dives were deeper than 18 meters and at least 15 dives were deeper than 30 meters.
Note that certification as a DSAT Tec 50 diver is not required. If the candidate is not certified as a Tec 50 diver (or qualifying certification from another organization), then the Tec Deep Instructor training course must include the entire Tec Diver course.
Candidate Post Requisites – Tec Deep Instructor Training Course
Upon successfully completing the DSAT Tec Deep Instructor training course, before sending the application to PADI, the candidate must meet the following criteria:
1. Be a renewed PADI Master Scuba Diver Trainer or PADI Instructor with a higher rating.
2. Be a PADI Enriched Air Instructor.
3. Be a PADI Deep Diver Specialty Instructor.
4. Be certified as a DSAT Tec 50 diver, or have a qualifying certification from another training organization.
5. Have assisted with at least one DSAT Tec 50 course or one Tec 45 course. If the candidate has a qualifying instructor certification from another training organization as an instructor, having taught or assisted with one course that qualifies as a DSAT Tec 45 and/or Tec 50 course may meet this requirement, as stipulated on the Tec Deep Instructor Application. Completing the DSAT Tec Deep Instructor training course credits as having
assisted a Tec 50 diver course.
6. Have a minimum of 270 dives logged, with at least 25 stage decompression dives that had a maximum depth deeper than 40 meters.
7. Have certified a total of ten or more PADI Deep Divers and/or PADI Enriched Air Divers. Any combination that totals ten is acceptable.
8. Have successfully completed the Tec Deep Instructor Standards Exam and Tec Deep Instructor Theory and Practical Application Exam.
9. Meet the peer review waterskill requirements listed on the DSAT Tec Deep Instructor Application through the attesting signature of a DSAT Tec Deep Instructor or a PADI Instructor with a qualifying rating from another training organization.
10. Minimum age 18 years.
You will need a copy of the PADI Tec Trimix Instructor guide, and the Tec Trimix student manual. We will provide you with additional non course related reading when you book your courses via our online classroom.
The course cost is 55,000 PHP, this includes the course and dives, you may also use our equipment for no additional cost, however we highly recommend using your own. Not included in this cost is helium, during the course you will be charged for what gas you use, and the gas used by your instructor. If there are other students on the course, the instructors gas can be shared by you all. As we cannot accurately predict what you will breath, we cannot give you an exact quotation, however we can provide you a rough idea based on your recorded SAC/RMV rates. Helium is charged at cost. Also not included are the PADI registration fees, and the instructor manual, please ask us for up to date costs on these when booking.
We have a limited number of twin bed fan dormitory rooms for 2500 PHP per person, per week. These come with a kitchenette and bathroom, simple backpacker style.
If you prefer something else we work with a number of local resorts and hotels, or you might like to check services like, AirBNB we can help with local information if needed.
A typical hotel room starts from 1500 per night and up, the average would be around 2000 PHP. A typical self service monthly rental room or studio from 10,000 PHP and up, the average around 15000 PHP per month.
See here for more information on accommodation.
Contact the Course Director as early as possible, we can only accept a limited number of students on to each program, it is wise to book your preferred date in advance.
Please provide as much of the following information as possible when you book.
Total number of dives you have done
Number of dives you have done on TMx
What technical certifications do you hold
Number of decompression dives you have done
How long you have been diving
Any significant gaps in your diving
What equipment you will need