TDI Full Cave Diver
This course is the third stage of training in the series of TDI’s Cave Diver development program. Advanced cave dive planning, the practical execution of different types of cave systems and scenarios divers encounter are presented.
This cave diving course is not intended to prepare divers for evaluating all facets of cave diving. The objective of this course is to expand and critique previous skills accomplished in the TDI Cavern and Intro to Cave Diving programs. Emphasis is placed upon dive planning and skill perfection through actual cave penetration.
1. Policy for Cave Diving
2. Gas Matching Procedures
3. Psychological Considerations
4. Equipment Considerations
6. Swimming Techniques
8. Cave Environment
10. Problem Solving
11. Accident Analysis
12. Review of Dive Tables and Decompression Theory
13. Cave Diving Etiquette
The following land drills must be covered during this course:
1. How to properly deploy a guideline
2. How to properly follow a guideline
3. Use of safety reel in lost diver procedures
4. Use of safety reel in lost line drill
The student must perform the following S-drill and skills during all dives:
1. Demonstrate adequate pre-dive planning
2. Equipment check and equipment matching
3. Bubble check
4. Demonstrate specialized propulsion techniques in varying types of flow
5. Demonstrate proper buoyancy control
6. Demonstrate proper body posture
7. Demonstrate proper stress analysis (detection and management)
The student must perform the following in-water skills during cave dives:
1. Properly deploy a guideline
2. Properly use directional and non directional line markers
3. Properly follow a guideline with eyes open and closed (simulating loss of visibility)
4. Air share with a buddy with eyes open , following the guideline
5. Air share with a buddy with lights off and eyes closed and use touch contact, following the guideline
6. Remove and replace mask while in contact with guideline
7. Demonstrate light / hand -signals and touch contact
8. Conservation and awareness techniques
9. Referencing as back-up navigation
10. Demonstrate adequate anti-silting techniques
11. Simulate a primary light failure, and use back light to exit the cave
12. Demonstrate lost line and lost diver drills
13. Demonstrate to use of reels to perform jumps and gaps required in circuits and traverses to maintain a continuous guideline to open water
You must be
1. Minimum age 18
2. Minimum certification as a TDI Introductory Cave Diver or equivalent
You will need a copy of TDI Diving in Overhead Environments Manual (or TDI Overhead eLearning course). We will provide you with additional non course related reading when you book your courses via our online classroom.
The course cost is 40,000 PHP, this includes materials, certification, dives and tuition. There may be small incidental costs involved for travelling to the caves, this will be discussed and agreed before you commit to the course. We can arrange rental equipment, however we highly recommend you use your own if at all possible.
Contact the Course Director as early as possible, we can only accept a limited number of students on to each program, it is wise to book your preferred date in advance.
Please provide the following information when you book.
Are you certified as a cave diver, if so who with?
How many cave and cavern dives have you done?
How many other overhead dives (e.g. wreck) have you done?
How many total dives have you done?
How long have you been diving?
Any significant gaps in your diving experience?
We have a limited number of twin bed fan dormitory rooms for 2500 PHP per person, per week. These come with a kitchenette and bathroom, simple backpacker style.
If you prefer something else we work with a number of local resorts and hotels, or you might like to check services like, AirBNB we can help with local information if needed.
A typical hotel room starts from 1500 per night and up, the average would be around 2000 PHP. A typical self service monthly rental room or studio from 10,000 PHP and up, the average around 15000 PHP per month.
See here for more information on accommodation.